Friday, March 2, 2007

It's a FAMILY Affair

Casey and myself visited FAMILY Thursday night for the Arthur wake. We showed up late, just as Jay Babcock was reading his eulogy for Arthur magazine. Jay then gave props to the LA Record (If you stumble across the new issue with No Age, check out my preview of the DJ Quik show at the House of Blues) and finished his speech, at which point he received an ovation. Sad, but uplifting.

All grief aside, we saw some familiar faces and I was finally able to give the store the browsing time it truly deserves.


Look at all this!

Hannukah is coming soon (I wish!), so I figured I'd post my wishlist a little early. My wishlist includes...


This.


And this (BARR 7" excluded.)

I noticed two books also worth mentioning - a collection of Daniel Johnston's work, called "The Life, Art, and Music of Daniel Johnston," and a collection of Maurice Sendak's work, primarily from "Where the Wild Thing's Are." So rad!

All that being said, I certainly couldn't leave the store empty handed. I bought Michael Azzerad's "Our Band Could Be Your Life" and the Swell Maps' "A Trip to Marineville."

Point is, I love FAMILY.


And, last but not least, I met my twin.

No comments: