Thursday, March 29, 2007

I Hate Rock N Roll



My unyielding compassion for mankind has forced me to announce something I desperately wish I could keep to myself. A band, a longtime favorite of mine, is uniting for the Coachella festival, which excites and dissapoints me simultaneously, because Coachella is overpriced and sold out, overrated, and hot, real hot. I heard, some time ago, that this particular band was going to play a secret show at the Glasshouse in Pomona, CA (Goldenvoice, the promoter of Coachella, books show for the Glasshouse, which certainly was a good sign when I first heard about this.) Upon my excitement, I had emailed a contact of mine at Goldenvoice, trying to ascertain the details, to which I received no confirmation. Earlier today, I found out that this mystery band is indeed performing at the Glasshouse the night before Coachella. I've had dreams similar to the aforementioned scenario and if, you go instead of me because of this tip, I will be forever ruined. I'm all for the "First come first served" rhetoric, but this is of the utmost importance. A consolation prize for those of you that luck out on this opportunity - I hear the band signed to the Agency Group and is considering a comeback tour (they've already announced several European dates, aside from Coachella.) Like I said, you've been warned.

No comments: