Saturday, June 2, 2007

Enjoy the Silence


Drug Rug

It'd be too easy for me to attribute the way I've been feeling lately as my defining attachment to Drug Rug's "Day I Die" (no emo), but I don't think that's it. Rather, I think I identify with the feel good simplicity the song carries itself with, similar to Beat Happening circa "Black Candy" (with heavier pop overtones, sans Calvin Johnson's calming monotone.) To sum it up, "Day I Die" lyrically holds true to it's morbid name, all the while exuding this unexplainable satisfaction (happy-like, at that.) Who knows? Maybe I've misinterpreted the song in it's entirety (if such a thing even exists?)

I've heard other songs from Cambridge's Drug Rug before, but haven't responded as well as I have to "Day I Die." Give it a listen.

No comments: