Saturday, June 2, 2007

Endsville



Echo Park's Sea Level Records is down for the count. Below, Sea Level mastermind, Todd, explains:

You may have heard some rumors lately about Sea Level. If you have, they're true. If you haven't, well, I've got a little bit of news for you.

After five and a half years, Sea Level will be shutting our doors permanently at the end of June. This was an incredibly tough decision for me to make and one that I've been wrestling with for some time now. While there is no doubt that I believe Sea Level should be around, I'm just not up for running it anymore and, to be honest, I want my life back. It's hard to say it, but I've actually burnt out on what should have been the perfect job. I shouldn't dread going to "work" every day and sadly, that's what it has become for me.

It's been five of the best years of my life and at the same time five of the worst. I've met some of the most amazing people over my time in beautiful Echo Park and am extremely grateful for meeting some customers that I now consider friends! I will miss seeing you "regulars" and can't put into words how much you all have meant to me. You were what kept it, and me, going for as long as it did! You made Sea Level what it was!

We're going out like we came in too, with a party. So mark your calendars for Friday June22nd and plan to be at Safari Sams for a little going away party! (details soon)

Extra thanks go out to Sea Level Sylvia. She probably single handedly kept Sea Level alive an extra year (or two)!

Also thanks to everyone that volunteered/worked/helped out over the years. And of course those that helped actually set up the store. There are too many of you to list but I owe you all! (what it this, liner notes?)

And most importantly, I thank every one of you for supporting Sea Level! It honestly has meant the world to me and will be an experience I never forget!

SeaLevelTodd


Admittedly, Sea Level wasn't a favorite of mine, but I've spent a considerable amount of time digging through the vinyl and used cds, before heading over to the Echo. Best of luck, Todd!

No comments: