Monday, February 26, 2007

Bring 'Em Out



Good vibes all around last night at the opening of FAMILY on Fairfax. Setting up shop in prime territory, Family brings a fantastic selection of books (I browsed through a fresh collection of Krazy Kat cartoon strips), zines, music (Teardrops, Sabbath, Aretha Franklin), and clothing. Me? I'm a little biased, because that's my neighborhood. In a couple blocks, you have Canter's (Jewish Deli, no big deal), Turntable Lab, Supreme, and a slew of other spots worth checking on.

There was a huge turnout last night, which bummed me out only because I wasn't able to browse much. Time permitting, I'll be back there soon enough.


© Michelle Miko


© Michelle Miko


© Michelle Miko

First up, No Age. It is in my humble opinion that Dean and Randy consistently put on a good show. I hear they're releasing several vinyl singles very soon - totally stoked! I shot some video of their performance, which you can view below (you can't miss Dean on drums, homeboy is rapidfire.)





Next up, Lavender Diamond. I love Lavender Diamond. Becky Stark and company, time and time again, make me smile from ear to ear. I highly suggest that you see them. Be on the lookout for their debut full length on Matador.


"Open Your Heart"


"You Broke My Heart"

The best part about it all is, you can visit Family yourself!

436 N. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036

No comments: