Sunday, July 1, 2007

Livin' for the Weekend

Saturday was a good night. I heard it went off at Fluxco and 6th St. Gallery, but I wasn't there.

Here's what I did:

I visited my Dad's gallery for his new show, a collection of drawings from different artists. I discovered some early John Wesley pencil sketches and a remarkable early Alex Ross drawing. Hanging around, I also visited the AMCO gallery for a collection of chilling photographs of the sterilized features of a maximum security prison (including the empty execution chambers.) I highly recommend visiting both shows.

Then, I headed to FAMILY for the reading by Bob Odenkirk and Eric Hoffman. A little short, but worthwhile. Bob Odenkirk was especially funny, playing the extremely insecure balding jock rock comedian.

I ended the night with a veggie burrito from Cactus (on Vine) and a disappointing French horror film called "Them." Really, there are far more uncomftorable thoughts than children wielding knives.

Summertime is official. I sleep with my fan on.

There's a lot of positivity in the air and I dig it.

UPDATE 4/5/07:
I'm told "Them" is based on a true story. Creepy, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your fan, eh? i hope it keeps you so fresh and so cold.