Saturday, July 14, 2007

Stop, Drop



"I'm like me on Entourage/I'm playing myself"

Saigon's no stranger to label woes and suited out CEOs, watching his debut album gather dust on the shelves of Craig Kallman's office at Atlantic. Attributed to sample clearance problems, the entirety of "The Greatest Story Never Told" was held back by one song, "C'Mon Baby," a supposed jammer with Just Blaze and Swizz Beatz. When Saigon publicly aired his frustrations with Atlantic recently, the execs suddenly scrambled to expedite the clearance process. A week and a half later, the song was cleared and "The Greatest Story Never Told" takes another step forward.

"C'Mon Baby" is now the first single off "The Greatest Story Never Told" and I'm way into it. Better yet, I hear Old Hov hops on the remix, which should leak soon enough.

BK stand up!

No comments: